15 Best Cushion Cut Engagement Rings
Shop The Story
A traditional cushion cut engagement ring features a square cut with round corners, and resembles a pillow. Thus, its luxe-sounding moniker. This cut is making a huge comeback given the resurgence of vintage-inspired engagement rings. Until the 20th century in fact, cushion cut diamonds were the most popular stone. As more engagement jewelry is fashioned with mid-century motifs in mind, we love that the cushion cut is back. This is a great cut for anyone who can’t decide between a princess cut, which is square with harder edges, and a round cut stone. If cushion cut is on your “must have” list for your left ring finger, read on to explore the many options to choose from. You just may fall in love with a rose gold cushion cut engagement ring. Perhaps a solitaire sets your heart aflame. We are also excited to share three-stone styles, as well as a few rings for those of you looking for a less traditional bauble. Ahem, did someone say black diamonds? From diamonds to morganite and moissanite engagement rings, here is everything you need to know about the cushion cut and oh-so-many more rings to drool over.
The 15 Best Cushion Cut Engagement Rings
- Best Vintage-Style Ring: Radiant Star Diamond and White Gold Band
- Best Halo Ring: Diamond and White Gold Band
- Best Moissanite Ring: Forever One White Gold Solitaire
- Best Affordable Ring: JeenMata 2-Carat Moissanite and White Gold Band
- Best Rose Gold Ring: Miadora Signature Collection Morganite and Diamond Accent Band
- Best Side Baguette Style: Three-Stone and White Gold Band
- Best Splurge Ring: EFFY 2-Carat Yellow and White Diamond Band
- Best Solitaire Ring: 1-Carat Astor Petite Band
- Best Sapphire Ring: Diamond Halo and White Gold Split Shank Band
- Best Black Diamond Ring: Diamond Halo and White Gold Band
- Best Designer Ring: David Yurman Châtelaine Champagne Citrine Band With Diamonds
- Best Three-Stone Ring: Charles & Colvard Moissanite and White Gold Band
- Best Emerald Ring: White Sapphire and Sterling Silver Band
- Best Platinum Ring: Petite Twist Diamond Band
- Best Morganite Ring: Neil Lane Diamond and Rose Gold Band
How to Shop for a Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
There is no shortage of styles that employ the fiery cushion cut. You already know that a diamond stone is a popular option, but you may also want to take a look at moissanite styles. Moissanite offers a low environmental impact since there is no mining. Plus, you can get a bigger stone for your money. The main difference in how the stone appears is that moissanite tends to be more fiery and less sparkly. Bottom line: Both are beautiful, and often it’s just a matter of taste. You can also consider morganite, a semi-precious gemstone that boasts durability and a budget-friendly price tag, and even emerald and sapphire (think: Kate Middleton). As you browse through our roundup of cushion cut engagement rings, you’ll know which one speaks to you. At least, we hope you can narrow it down to one!
Cushion Cut Engagement Ring Inspiration
Come one, come all! Our roundup features cushion cut rings that range in price from $250 to $10,000.
Engagement rings aren’t only about diamonds anymore. Keep scrolling to see the most stunning sapphire, emerald, and even black diamond rings that stopped us in our tracks. As far as metal, your options abound from rose gold to platinum, plus white gold, sterling silver and more.
Many rings today call upon vintage charm. You’ll find that halo-style rings are quite in demand. But don’t fret if you prefer a simpler design. Our roundup includes several solitaire styles that are truly timeless.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.