15 Princess Cut Engagement Rings Fit for Royalty
Shop The Story
Princess cut diamonds are square in shape, but far from “square,” if you know what we mean. Because instead of being super-traditional, engagement rings that feature princess-cut stones embody a more contemporary feel. The geometric cut rose to popularity around the same time as scrunchies, in the 1980s, and just like the iconic hair ties, princess cut is coming back in a totally tubular way. Celebs like Kate Bosworth and Snooki rock the square cut, and if you love modern-looking baubles, so can you. That’s not to say fans of vintage-style jewelry need not apply. We came across tons of princess-cut engagement rings that feature beautiful, classic elements like milgrain detailing and rose gold. So, no matter your taste, you owe yourself a scroll through this roundup of the best princess-cut rings out there today. From solitaires to rings with side stones, split shanks, and double halos, these covetable jewels will have you dropping mad hints to your honey about getting engaged, ASAP.
The 15 Best Princess Cut Engagement Rings
- Best Gemstone Ring: TRULY Zac Posen Aquamarine, Diamond and Rose Gold Band
- Best Halo Ring: Diamond Frame Engagement Band
- Best Solitaire Ring: 1 Carat Astor Petite Platinum Band
- Best Affordable Ring: Miadora Created White Sapphire Solitaire
- Best Split-Shank Ring: 1 Carat Diamond and White Gold Band
- Best Double Halo Style: Neil Lane Diamond and White Gold Band
- Best Splurge Ring: Marchesa Celeste Halo Diamond and White Gold Band
- Best Moissanite Ring: 3 Carat Three-Stone Engagement Band
- Best Designer Ring: Monique Lhuillier Jardin Diamond Engagement Band
- Best Yellow Gold Ring: Diamond-Frame Vintage-Style Engagement Band
- Best White Gold Ring: Kalahari Dream Diamond Engagement Band
- Best Three-Stone Ring: 1 Carat Platinum and Diamond Band
- Best Rose Gold Ring: 1 Carat Pavé Engagement Band
- Best Platinum Ring: Vintage Halo Diamond Band
- Best Vintage-Style Ring: Diamond, White and Rose Gold Band
How to Shop for a Princess Cut Engagement Ring
These aren’t your grandmother’s princess cut rings. What we mean is that there is so much variety to choose from! Whether you desire a unique-looking bauble, or prefer a more traditional ring, you are going to fall in love by the time you finish scrolling through this page. Aren’t sure if you prefer a traditional or contemporary ring? That’s OK! All you need do is peruse our roundup, and you will begin to get a sense of which styles speak to you. “Pick me!” Sorry, that was a yellow gold, vintage-style engagement ring trying to get your attention. “Over here!” Ahem, we hear you split shank diamond band!
Princess Cut Engagement Ring Inspiration
No matter the budget you are working with, you can afford a princess cut engagement ring you’ll be proud to show off. Our roundup includes rings that range in prince from $200 to $9,000.
From rose to white to yellow gold, we were sure to include princess cut styles for all metal preferences (even platinum). As far as the rock, obviously there are drool-worthy diamonds to peruse. But consider moissanite too, which is a man-made stone that requires no mining and is said to look more fiery than diamonds. Oh, and be on the lookout for one of our favorite finds, which features a dazzling aquamarine center stone.
A square cut is going to read more modern, typically. Vintage elements like curved detailing in the band will soften the look. It just depends on your taste. Read on to get a feel for which ring you can picture taking up residence on your left ring finger.
Note that a few styles’ prices and specifications are going to pertain to the ring setting only. The stone is sold separately.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.