18 Captivating Art Deco Vintage-Inspired Engagement Rings
Shop The Story
Art deco isn’t just a style of architecture popularized by Frank Lloyd Wright. The Art Deco movement extended into jewelry design in the 1920s and 30s, characterized by geometric patterns, abstract elements, and contrasting colors. Much like TV reboots, what’s old is new again in the world of engagement rings. Art Deco engagement ring styles are everywhere, being designed by the likes of jeweler to the stars Neil Lane, and available at mainstream retailers like Blue Nile.
You may hear the style referred to as vintage Art Deco, because technically, a piece of jewelry would have to be 20 to 30 years old to be considered vintage, and obviously, Art Deco qualifies. Our roundup features baubles inspired by the art deco style, but aren’t actually vintage pieces that belonged to someone else (you’ll have to raid grandma’s jewelry box to unearth those!). The rings here embody both Art Deco qualities, like careful attention to symmetry and the use of unconventional shapes like triangles, as well as the vintage elements that are so popular today, such as milgrain detailing and rose gold. Look for modern touches as well, such as the use of emerald gemstones or pearls in place of a diamond.
All in all, get ready to be wowed by these Art Deco engagement rings, and ahem, don’t be afraid to send your man some links for his consideration!
The 18 Most Captivating Art Deco Engagement Rings
- Best Rose Gold Style: Truly Zac Posen Diamond Engagement Ring
- Best Oval Style: Auriya Vintage Art Deco Diamond Engagement Ring
- Best Marquise-Cut Style: Diamond Engagement Ring
- Most Affordable Style: Miadora Diamond Square Shape Art Deco Ring
- Best White Gold Style: Diamond Oval Starburst Cluster Ring
- Best Round Solitaire: Desire My Diamonds Vintage Art Deco Bezel Set Engagement Ring
- Best Splurge Style: Blue Nile Studio Vintage Fleur de Lis Halo
- Best Diamond Setting: Neil Lane Diamond and White Gold Ring Setting
- Best Gemstone Style: Enchanted Disney Elsa Oval Aquamarine and Diamond Art Deco Ring
- Best Pear-Shaped Style: Macy’s Two-Tone Teardrop Cluster Ring
- Best Designer Style: Marchesa Diamond Floral Engagement Ring
- Best Princess-Cut Style: Multi-Diamond Engagement Ring
- Most Unique Style: Neil Lane Diamond Engagement Ring
- Best Morganite Style: Baguette Diamond Halo Ring
- Best Opal Style: EFFY Opal, Diamond and Rose Gold Ring
- Best Sapphire Style: Annello by Kobelli Diamond Art Deco Ring
- Best Double Halo Style: Art Deco Platinum Diamond Engagement Ring
- Best Emerald-Cut Style: Heirloom Petite Milgrain Engagement Ring
Shopping for an Art Deco Engagement Ring
You may not even know you like Art Deco-style jewelry until you see it. For instance, say you tend to be drawn to engagement rings with symmetrical elements and contrasting metals. Well, those are Art Deco! We kindly suggest that you keep an open mind and keep scrolling. You may realize an Art Deco engagement ring is what you’ve been admiring all along. Many of these 1920s-style rings are also ideal for anyone who is looking for a unique bauble to wear for, well, life. You certainly won’t get bored of gazing at any of these eye, and mind, pleasing rings.
Art Deco Engagement Ring Shopping Consideration
Shop rings that range in price from $870 to $11,000, with a variety of price points in between.
Browse Art Deco-inspired rings that feature rose, white, and yellow gold, as well as platinum, diamonds, opal, aquamarine, sapphire and more!
The pieces featured here blend today’s engagement ring trends, like swapping a diamond for an opal, sapphire or another gemstone with artistic elements characteristic of the Art Deco era, such as clean lines, geometric shapes, contrasting colors. The result is a plethora of rings you will be praying your significant other buys ASAP.
Note that one ring price is for the setting only.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.