15 Blue Sapphire Engagement Rings You’ll Be Begging For
Shop The Story
You don’t have to be born in September to love the blue sapphire. This deep blue gemstone is a favorite of royal trend-setter Kate Middleton and her brother James, who proposed to his fiancée with a sapphire engagement ring. The stone with royal ties was once thought to possess holy powers and even make the sky blue. The sapphire is also a symbol of hope, faith, and strength, making it a perfect stone for anyone preparing to walk down the aisle and make a lifelong commitment. If you are begging for a blue sapphire bauble for your left ring finger, you’ll be thrilled to learn the gem is more popular than ever when it comes to engagement jewelry. Nearly any shape or style is available in blue sapphire, from cushion and pear-cut, to vintage-style and art deco-inspired. Read on to discover the wide range of rings from which to choose if it’s simply got to be the stone that many believe balances and calms the heart and soul.
The 15 Beg-Worthy Blue Sapphire Engagement Rings
- Best Cushion-Cut Ring: Auriya 1-Carat Blue Sapphire Halo Engagement Band
- Best Oval Ring: Shades of Love Sapphire and Diamond Band
- Best Halo Ring: Oval Sapphire Micropavé Band
- Best Affordable Ring: Blue and White Sapphire Scallop Frame Engagement Band
- Best White Gold Ring: Helzberg Limited Edition Sapphire and Diamond Band
- Best Round Ring: Auriya Sapphire and Diamond Engagement Band
- Best Splurge Ring: Alexander Laut Blue Sapphire Cushion Style
- Best Diamond Ring: Oval Sapphire With Halo
- Best Vintage-Style Ring: Blue Sapphire and Petals Engagement Band
- Best Marquise-Cut Ring: Blue Sapphire and Diamond Three-Stone Engagement Band
- Best Pear-Cut Ring: Passion Lab Grown Sapphire and White Gold Band
- Best Emerald-Cut Ring: Blue and White Sapphire Diamond Frame Engagement Band
- Best Three-Stone Ring: Isola Sapphire and Diamond Halo
- Most Unique Ring: Shades of Love Sapphire, Diamond and White Gold Band
- Best Art Deco-Style Ring: Lab Created Sapphire and Sterling Silver Band
How to Shop for a Blue Sapphire Engagement Ring
If you can dream it, it exists. Whether you are hoping he’ll get down on one knee with a solitaire, halo ring, or three-stone bauble, there’s a blue sapphire engagement ring out there that will fulfill your every fantasy. Not sure what will suit you, other than the mesmerizing blue hue? Scroll through our picks of the best blue sapphire bands available, and get a sense of what cuts and styles get your heart beating faster. We’ll say it again: The assortment is truly as broad as your imagination. From diamond-accented bands to unique settings, and from on-trend, simple, modern shapes, to rings that literally look like they belong in a royal museum, there is a deep blue something out there for every bride-to-be.
Blue Sapphire Engagement Ring Inspiration
We love how blue sapphires can be budget friendly. You’ll find rings on our roundup starting at just $180. We couldn’t help but also include a breathtaking splurge ring for $34,500. All other rings ring up for between $1,000 and $8,000.
You may be wondering if all blue sapphire stones are created equal? Classic blue sapphire is a deep hue akin to navy. But some gems sparkle with a more subtle, paler blue, so see what appeals to you as you scroll through the picks. As far as the accent stones, blue sapphire dazzles against white diamonds, and set in white gold. But some picks afford you the option of selecting yellow or rose gold as well, which will really give your ring a special touch.
Modern, vintage, simple, ornate. It’s all here, and we can’t wait to show you every detail of these simply stunning blue sapphire rings.
Note that some blue sapphire is lab-created, while other stones are naturally-occuring.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.