Best Opal Wedding Rings
Shop The Story
Opals are associated with love and passion. It’s also said these naturally occurring gemstones inspire loyalty and faithfulness. Thus, an opal is a beautiful and meaningful choice to adorn an engagement or wedding ring. And wow, are there so many choices for opal rings, from cut to setting. Indeed, opals aren’t just round; they can be cushion-cut or oval in shape. Some rings are set surrounded by pave diamonds, or flanked by baguettes. No matter the style of the ring, since opals reflect light, they are always lovely to behold. You won’t grow tired of gazing upon an opal ring, on the day you say “yes” to a proposal, the day you utter the words “I do” and beyond. Read on to discover the best opal engagement and wedding rings for all tastes and budgets. We promise that even if you didn’t think of yourself as an opal kind of gal, you may end up changing your mind!
Best Opal Wedding Rings for Women in 2019
- Best Halo: Macy’s Opal and Diamond Ring
- Best Emerald Cut: Macy’s 1/2 Carat Rose Gold Ring
- Best Oval Vintage Pick: Macy’s Lab Created Opal and Sapphire Sterling Silver Ring
- Best Round with Diamond Baguettes Pick: Opal Accent Ring in Rose Gold
- Best Cubic Zirconia Option: LStudioC Sterling Silver Pear Shape Opal Engagement Ring
- Best Understated Option with a Small Opal: Zoë Chicco Thin Gold Ring
- Best Modern and Small Round Ring: Wwake Offset Opal Arc
- Most Unique Setting: Anika and August Yellow Gold Australian and Fire Opal Ring
- Best Cushion Cut: D’Yach Rose Gold Ethiopian Opal Accent Ring
- Best Opal Band: K Best Design Stackable Ring
- Best Overstock.com Ring: Miadora Rose Gold White Topaz and Diamond Halo
- Best Antique Opal Ring: Anika and August Yellow Gold Oval Cut
- Best White Gold Pick: Fine Jewelers Opal and Topaz Ring
- Best Etsy Ring: AntEvaCrafts White Opal Halo
- Best Multiple Gem Band: AuroraDesigner Faceted Opal Cluster Ring
- Best Eternity Band: LStudioC Baguette Cut Ring
- Best Yellow Gold Option: Macy’s Opal & Diamond Accent Ring
- Best Amazon Band: LetsBuyGold 18k Yellow Genuine Opal Ring
- Most Affordable Amazon Option: Modern Contemporary Rings Elegant Yellow Gold Solitaire
- Best Oval Cut with Diamond Halo: Macy’s Opal Accent Ring
- Best Mega Bling Ring: Lab Created Opal and White Sapphire
- Best 4-Stone Option: Macy’s Opal and Diamond Ring
- Best 3-Stone Option: Miadora 10k White Gold Opal Ring
- Best Budget Buy from Overstock.com: Miadora Sterling Silver Opal and Diamond Ring
- Best Super Splurge Option: Meira T Opal, Diamond & 14K Rose Gold Ring
Finding an Opal Wedding Ring
Opals are super versatile, and they can literally replace the diamond in almost any traditional ring. Opals are just a different way to go, and that’s kind of exciting. As in, you aren’t limited to a diamond when you say “yes” or “I do.” Exquisite options of the opal variety abound, from a center gemstone encircled with a halo of diamonds to a band beset with opals to exchange on your big day. Keep an open mind, and let your imagination and your heart be your guide. Get ready to meet the ring of your dreams.
How to Choose an Opal Ring
We found opal rings ranging from less than $100 to more than $1,000. All budgets welcome!
Opals aren’t just white! They reflect color and may look different in various kinds of light. Opals also come in electric blue, fiery-orange and a host of other shades.
You are going to have an amazing time scrolling through all the styles of opal rings from modern to vintage. May we suggest a glass of champagne to enhance your viewing experience?
Some opals are lab created, which means the price of the piece will be lower. Also note that some bands are solid gold, while others are plated.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.