These Are the Best Tungsten Wedding Rings
Shop The Story
The only thing that can scratch tungsten is a diamond. Yeah, we knew we admired diamonds for more than just their entrancing sparkle! But in all seriousness, the extreme durability of this strong-as-steel metal is why some people insist on purchasing a wedding ring crafted with tungsten. Cost effectiveness is another huge benefit as the price point will almost always be more budget-friendly than a similar band in white gold or platinum. Psst…. Most of the time no one will know the difference! Wearers also say there’s a nice, substantial feel on the hand when you choose tungsten. So if you’re looking for a long-lasting piece of jewelry that can stand up to any lifestyle, consider tungsten, which we should mention is hypoallergenic. Just bear in mind that a tungsten band cannot be resized because the metal is that hard. You’ll want to be sure you know your ring size before committing to the tungsten ring that will symbolize your nuptials to your one and only.
Tungsten Wedding Rings for Women and Men in 2019
- Best Gold-Plated Tungsten Ring: 100S Jewelry Sandblasted Finish Band
- Best Beveled Band: Charming Jewelers Comfort-Fit Ring
- Best Slender Band: Charming Jewelers Polished Tungsten Ring
- Best Overstock Ring: Tungsten Brushed Finish Band
- Best Two-Tone Ring: Oliveti Tungsten Wedding Band
- Best Laser-Etched Band: Celtic Design Ring
- Best White Tungsten Ring: Triton Comfort-Fit Band
- Most Delicate Ring: Alpha Tungsten Wedding Band
- Best Etsy Band: Aydins Jewelry Thin Ring
- Best Opal Ring: VAKKI Black Wedding Band
- Best Unisex Band: 100S Gold and Silver Tungsten Ring
- Best Cubic Zirconia Ring: Duke Collection Tungsten Wedding Band
- Best Satin-Band Ring: JCPenney Comfort Fit Ring
- Best Colorful Ring: JCPenney Tungsten Wedding Band
- Best Flat Brushed Band: MILANA Tungsten Ring
- Best Chunky Band: THORSTEN-ATHENA Flat Tungsten Ring
- Most Unique Tungsten Option: Meteorite Deer Antler Ring
- Best Silver Faceted Option: Unity Ring Designs Tungsten Band
Finding a Tungsten Wedding Ring
One of the most distinguishing qualities of tungsten rings is their band width. Most bands fall within a range of between two and eight millimeters. So deciding which size is right depends on what look you want to achieve. A chunky band will take up a decent amount of real estate on your finger. Or are you after the more understated look of a slender band? Either way, be sure to note the specifications on each listing here, which will inform you of the band width of each piece of jewelry.
How to Choose a Tungsten Ring
Tungsten is going to be more cost effective than white gold or platinum. Phew! This round-up features bands from $20 to around $300 and every price point in between.
Tungsten looks like silver, but also comes in white. Rings made with this durable metal can be plated with rose or yellow gold. Look out for a few bands that are black or feature inlays of colorful gemstones.
Many tungsten bands stick to a formula of timeless simplicity. Tungsten wedding rings tend to be high on shine and polish and not overly stylized, which is why most people like them. But we also found some fun, sparkly elements for those of you who want a little more bling with your ring.
The truth is many tungsten rings are made with men’s larger hands in mind. So they’re substantial but designed for comfort. Of course, there’s no reason a woman couldn’t rock a chunkier band. We also found several slender, more traditionally feminine rings crafted with smaller fingers in mind. Happy shopping!
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.