Unique Diamond Wedding Rings
Shop The Story
Houston Diamond District White Gold Exquisite Prong Set Baguette and Round Diamond Engagement Ring
Creativity is the very essence of jewelry design, so brides who want to push the aesthetic envelope have an array of choices when it comes to unique diamond wedding and engagement rings. A ring that looks one-of-a-kind can underscore who you are as well as reveal the uniqueness of your marriage. Steering from tradition is easy just by avoiding the timeless solitaire diamond and choosing a ring with points of difference. Among these are colorful stones, highly architectural designs, unusual motifs and asymmetric silhouettes. To find a ring as distinctive as your love story, we’ve curated unique engagement and wedding rings that are the essence of unconventional.
Unique Diamond Wedding Rings 2019
- Best Bling-y Ring: Annello by Kobelli Gold Three-Stone Princess Diamond Antique Bridal Set
- Most “Hollywood” Style: Segal Jewelry Eternity Diamond Ring
- Best Pavé Choice: EFFY Collection Diamond Wide Statement Ring in White Gold
- Best Floral Choice: Luxurman Gold Unique Flower Diamond TDW Engagement Ring
- Best Diamond Featuring Blue Sapphires: Camellia Jewelry White Gold Engagement Ring
- Best Heart Motif: Houston Diamond District White Gold Exquisite Prong Set Baguette and Round Diamond Engagement Ring
- Best Multiple Row Ring: Macy's Five-Row Diamond Band in Gold
- Best Black Diamond Ring: White Gold Princess-Cut Black Diamond Bridal Set
- Best Round-Cut Diamond: Houston Diamond District Round-Cut Diamond Engagement Ring
- Best Designer Ring: Marchesa Emerald & Diamond Wedding Band in Gold
- Most “Bang for the Buck” Ring: Macy's Diamond Baguette Cluster Band in White Gold or Yellow Gold
- Best Emerald-Cut Choice: White Gold Double Halo Emerald Cut Diamond Engagement Ring
- Best Cluster Choice: Macy's Diamond Baguette Cluster Engagement Ring in White Gold
- Best Oval Diamond Pick: Blue Nile Studio Oval Heiress Halo Platinum Engagement Ring
- Best Modern Ring: Monica Vinader Stellar Diamond Band
- Best Gemstone Duo Ring: Classic Pear-Shaped Sapphire Diamond
- Best Solitaire: Flat Solitaire Engagement Ring
- Best Micro-pavé Pick: Blue Nile Infinity Twist Diamond Ring
Finding the Right Unique Wedding Ring
When we use the word “unique” to describe diamond engagement and wedding rings, we’re not suggesting you have to go completely over the top. There are an array of ring styles that are unusual and advertise your creative flair. Look for bands with intrinsic beauty that are just a shade different from the standard solitaire. Look for interesting stones that flank the center diamond. Think about vintage-inspired rings with ornate halos or alternatively, ultra-modern rings with sleek lines.
How to Choose a Unique Wedding Ring
Fine design and quality can be found within a wide price range. Naturally, your metal choice will affect the cost, with gold being less expensive metal for a ring setting than platinum, for example. Stones will affect the price as well. If a ring is made by a “name brand” designer, that can also affect the price. Set your price range, and then tweak these categories accordingly to stay within budget.
Modern-day metals for women’s diamond wedding rings continue to fall into three traditional categories of white, rose and yellow. By white, we are describing the silvery finish of white gold and platinum. By rose, we refer to the addition of copper to gold that results in the pinkest metal called rose gold. And by yellow, we refer to pure yellow gold. Choose what you think blends best with the rest of your jewelry “wardrobe” for the most harmonious look.
As mentioned, designers are now drawing from a wide gamut of design techniques and motifs to create unique diamond engagement and wedding rings. Forget “the rules” about wedding band styles; anything goes in this fun fashion era. It just has to speak to your tastes, and it should be a beloved keepsake you envision wearing for all time. Whether that means vintage, classic, Bohemian, rocker or something else is totally up to you and your hubby.
Material & Other Features:
Beyond precious metals, gemstones can be the special ingredient to create a ring that stands out. This might mean emeralds and rubies or other colored gemstones. Additionally, an increasingly popular gemstone choice is black diamonds. The cut of the gemstones also goes a long way in creating uniqueness in a ring.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.