Showers & Parties
Best Bridal Shower Favors
Shop The Story
Following the wisdom of Maria Kondo, a bridal shower guest wants a favor that brings joy to her life. No one needs a heart-shaped bottle of bubbles or a pear-shaped paperweight that says, “John and Jane, a perfect pear.” As a concept, passing out shower favors is a polite gesture, but give them gifts that are cool, useful or edible or — gasp! — they’ll be left behind (or tossed). Get them goodies that are too delicious to resist, beauty “cult favorites” or practical items they’ll regular. If the favor fits the fête’s theme or event design, so much the better. With that in mind, we’ve curated an epic list of the coolest, most delicious bridal shower favors from Etsy, Amazon, World Market and Urban Outfitters. Cheers!
- Best Beach-Themed Favor: Crave a Cake Goods Mermaid Cake Pops
- Best Travel-Themed Favor: World Market Illustrated Cities Coasters 4 Pack
- Best Sweet Treat Favor: Candied Cakes Ice Cream Cone-Shaped Lollipops
- Best Bollywood-Themed Favor: Kate Aspen Lucky Elephant Luggage Tag
- Best Tea Party Favor: BTäT Set of 6 Floral Cups and Saucers Set
- Best Fashion Favor: Sock Bun Studios Pineapple and Seersucker Scrunchie Pack
- Most Exotic Favor: Waltz&F Camel Figurine Jewelry Trinket Box
- Most Colorful Treat Favor: Choco House Chocolate Covered Apple Treats
- Best Beauty Favor: Smith's Rosebud Salve Tin Set
- Most Glamorous Treat Favor: Sweet By Natalie Floral Bridal Shower Cookies
- Most Girly Favor: BABEYOND Sleeping Eye Mask for Women
- Best Scented Favor: Claus Porto Gift Box Deco Collection of Soaps
- Best Boozy Favor: Cactus Wine Glass Markers and Stopper Set
- Best Floral-Themed Favor: 27 Petal Lotus Capiz Tealight Candleholder
- Best Spa-Themed Favor: Mani-Pedi Kit
- Best Boho Favor: Small Glass Jaipur Storage Containers Set Of 2
- Best Customizable Party Favor: Personalized Stemless Wine Glass
- Best Classic Favor: Godiva Assorted Chocolate Gold Favor with Pink Ribbon
- Best Planted Favor: Natural Succulents 56 Assorted 2-inch Pots
- Most Affordable Favor: Kate Aspen “The Perfect Blend” Burlap Bags
Finding the Best Bridal Shower Favors
Think far, far outside the box. Look for favors that have inherent value as-is, not simply items that are marketed as shower favors. For example, we included two beauty classics on our list: Smith’s Rosebud Salve and Claus Porto soaps. Anyone who’s cracked open a fashion magazine or read a beauty blog knows that these fall into the category of “cult favorites.” Even if a guest has never used them herself, she will be aware of these favors and be excited to get them.
How to Come Up with Unique Ideas
Unless one is a movie star or a member of the royal family, there is no need to provide expensive gifts at the bridal shower. Typically, these are “token gifts,” meaning they are motivated more by thoughtfulness than money. Our list includes many favors that cost less than $5. The idea behind the favor is simple: You want to show guests your appreciation for their attendance.
The high bar for a wedding favor is having it match the bridal shower theme. If the color blends into the shower’s color palette, that’s a bonus. So don’t stress out about that aspect of the favor. But if you must go matchy-matchy, choose ultra-girly gifts in beautiful colors. Cake pops and decorated cookies look gorgeous in a pastel palette and jewel tones are where it’s at for fiesta, boho and Indian themes.
For a bridal shower favor, the style typically skews feminine since the guests are traditionally women. So go as girly as you want with favors that ladies will love. If your bar for visual harmony is super high, Etsy vendors are amenable to making their products fully customized in colors and styles to fit your theme, so go that route.
The best gifts for this pre-wedding fête are those that can be used up or used every day. Make this soirée sing by punctuating it with favors that are edible or practical. But when it comes to delicious food, be aware of dietary concerns. If a guest is diabetic or has food allergies, provide a special favor for her so she won’t feel left out.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.