Showers & Parties
Best Bridal Shower Gifts
Shop The Story
Woot woot, we see a bridal shower in your future! What fun you’ll have; but first, create that wedding registry. You can infuse your registry with as much whimsy or levity as you wish. It’s yours for the wishing, after all. Crafting it will be one of the most fun, yet somewhat daunting, tasks of wedding planning. Household items are traditionally put on the list, but with many couples getting married later in life, such basics might not be necessary. For that reason, our list of carefully curated items for the wedding registry includes a mix of kitchen must-haves, creative finds and full-on splurges. And remember your etiquette: Don’t ask for money, list over-the-top expensive items that no guest (outside of Bill Gates) could afford or forget to send thank-you notes out posthaste.
Best Bridal Shower Gifts in 2019
- Best Gift for the Bride Who Has Everything: Keds x Kate Spade New York Bridal Champion Dancing Dot
- Best Gift from Target: Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- Best Picnic Gift: Woven Wine Tote with Glasses
- Best Affordable Gift: Whiskey & Wedding Bells Custom Wedding Gown Hanger
- Best Personalized Gift: Wedding Couple Personalized Champagne Flute Set
- Best Sustainable Gift Idea: Cozy Global Gift Basket
- Best Crate & Barrel Gift: Copper Handled Utensils Set of Six
- Best Gift for the Honeymoon: Blue Lion Design Shop Personalized Mrs. Beach Towel
- Best Beauty Gift: Philosophy’s Here Comes the Bride Travel-Size Products
- Best Splurge Gift: Gold Cole 3-Tier Rolling Bar Cart
- Best Designer Gift: Jonathan Adler Dora Maar Condiment Bowl
- Best Kitchen Gift: Bodum Chambord 8 Cup French Press
- Most Romantic Gift: Le Rose Gifts Lace Bridal Robe
- Most Glamorous Gift: Kate Spade New York Say Yes “Mrs” Necklace
- Most Useful Gift: Lodge 6qt Cast Iron Enamel Dutch Oven
- Best Gift for Mature Brides: Mixology 10-Piece Bar Tool Set with Stylish Bamboo Stand
- Best Gift for the Groom: Molton Brown Explore Luxury Men’s Bathing Collection
- Best Couples Gift: Intersection of Love Photo Print
- Most Unique Gift: The Personalized Anniversary Journal
Finding the Best Bridal Shower Gifts
The best advice we can give you is to choose wedding registry items in a range of prices. Include the tea towels and serving spoons for guests who don’t know you well, but add that super-chic bar cart for your close friends and relatives. Some guests will go in together and buy you a major item, but in general you want to spread the price points out in a democratic fashion.
How to Come Up with Best Bridal Shower Gift Ideas
Bridal Shower Etiquette:
It’s common courtesy to create your registry four to six months prior to the wedding. This gives your guests plenty of time to choose gifts for the shower and the wedding (or even the engagement if they’re being generous). On your wedding invitation, be discreet: Don’t include the wedding registry info, but do include a website address for the wedding itself. Then you can put the word “registry” on the home page. Make sure guests have to click through to a secondary page to read the registry. It’s simply bad manners to advertise a wedding registry like an end of season sale.
Make sure you register for enough items, otherwise guests who wait until later to purchase might be left with nothing in their price range. Also: Think about your new lifestyle and how the registry might benefit it. This is the time to register for a big serving platter you’ll feature during future Thanksgiving dinners or for those personalized champagne glasses you’ll use for your anniversary toast.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.