Showers & Parties
Best Bridal Shower Invitation Ideas
Shop The Story
Prior to indulging in whatever wizardry necessary to throw a successful bridal shower — before you clink the first champagne flute or beam up that initial Instagram photo — you must send out the invitations. Spreading the news about the bride-to-be’s special fête is the first step toward shower success. Do so eight weeks before the bridal shower. But first, decide on an invitation that reflects the theme and formality of your event. The bridal shower invitations will set the tone of what’s yet to come: Let them know that this shower will be an absolute blast; a celebration of love with an extra special dose of personalization. Here, we’ve rounded up 20 inexpensive bridal shower invitations to suit every style and mood.
Best Bridal Shower Invitation Ideas 2019
- Best Travel-Themed Invitation: Lovely Wow Studio Boarding Pass Pineapple & Beach Bridal Shower Invite
- Best Fall-Inspired Invitation: Your Seasons Pumpkin Bridal Shower Invite for Autumn
- Most Festive Invitation: Mimbach Design Printed Bridal Shower Fiesta Invitation
- Best Invitation for Champage Lovers: Sara Luke Creative Brunch & Bubbly Bridal Shower Invite
- Best Floral Invitation: Card Hunter Whimsical Watercolor Floral Invite
- Best Luau-Themed Invitation: Sunny Days Creation Tropical Aloha Bridal Shower Invite
- Best Parisian Invitation: La Bella Rue Vintage Paris France Bridal Shower Invite
- Most Glamorous Invitation: Paper Sun Studio Floral Spray Invite
- Most Quirky Invitation: Haley Warner Bridal Brunch Invite
- Most Chic Invitation: Smudge Design Parfumerie Invite
- Best Modern Invitation: Colorblock Bridal Shower Invite
- Best Cinema-Inspired Invitation: Fanity Vair Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower Invite
- Best Stationary Bundle: Doris Home Tri-fold Bridal Shower with Ribbon, Tags & Thank-you Notes
- Best for the Boho Bride: Itsy Belle Studio Flower Crown Invitations
- Best Winter-Inspired Invitation: Sea Paper Designs Flannel Bridal Shower Invites
- Best Nautical-Themed Invitation: Dear Henry Design Last Sail Before the Veil Bridal Shower Invitation
- Best Summer-Inspired Invitation: Ann Gardner Sippin' Invites
- Best Spring-Inspired Invitations: Your Seasons Floral Bicycle Bridal Shower Invites
- Most Creative Invitation: Sweet Bee Tea Boutique Alice in Wonderland Bridal Shower Invite
Finding the Best Bridal Shower Invitations
The shower is for her nearest and dearest. You might start out with as many names as pins on your Pinterest board (which is a great planning tool, by the way). But pare down those names to include the bride’s attendants, close personal friends, and local family members of the bride and groom. Since this event’s intent is to “shower” the bride with gifts, remember to include the registry info; you can add a website address that includes this info, and more, to save space on the actual invitation.
How to Choose Bridal Shower Invitations
The costs associated with bridal showers can blow up quickly. If you want to save costs on the bridal shower invitations, find a digital design. Printing out your invitations can cost less than getting store-bought greeting cards. If the vibe is right, you can use Paperless Post invitations, which can be emailed so that you save money on printing and postage.
We love pastel hues or jewel tones for a bridal shower, but you can also choose colors according to the season. Still, that doesn’t mean that you have to be strict about it. For example, autumn invitations don’t have to be a melange of orange and brown; we’ve found awesome palettes for autumn that integrate pink, as well. If you want to get glam with any invitation, remember to add a metallic such as rose gold.
With a bridal shower you’re celebrating the bride and her style, so make sure both the shower theme and invitation reflect that. A classic brunch deserves some champagne motifs, a luau demands a good-looking pineapple and a tea needs pastels worthy of a French macaron. Determining the right style will create a template for the overall aesthetic.
Material & Other Features:
Many materials will add oomph to your invitations. Chief among them is gold foil that brings a touch of glamour and shine to your shower invitations. We’re also fond of invitations grouped into a bundle that includes thank-you notes, because the bride will want to mail those post haste.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.