15 Date Night Ideas (That Don’t Include Wedding Planning)
Caught up in the excitement of wedding planning? Take a break with one of these date night ideas.
- Play tourist in your own city for a day. Maybe you’ve recently moved or you’ve lived in the same place for quite some time. Even if you know your city like the back of your hand, take a self-guided tour to all the local landmarks.
- Embark on a mini road trip. Whether it’s for the day or for the weekend, hit the road together to escape reality for a short time.
- Go wine tasting. Sometimes a visit to a local winery or vineyard is just what you need to take your minds off of wedding planning. As an alternative, grab a couple of your favorite bottles for a wine and cheese night at home.
- Try a new workout class. Break a sweat and release your stress with a trip to the gym. With fitness crazes like SoulCycle and Orangetheory, there are plenty of classes to change up your athletic routine.
- Get outside. If you don’t want to worry about weights and exercise machines, get active with some outdoor activities. Try a new hiking trail, take a bike or go camping (or glamping).
- Watch a local sports game. Are you die-hard fans? Put on those jerseys and go cheer on your favorite college or professional team.
- Attend a concert. Support a local band or buy tickets to an upcoming arena tour in your town.
- Volunteer for a cause close to your hearts. This may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of romantic date night ideas. But if you two share a cause close to your hearts, volunteering is a great way to give back to your community and spend quality time together.
- Host a game night. Invite some friends over and break out the board games for a nostalgic night at home.
- Opt for an at-home movie night. Instead of the tried and true dinner and movie date, keep it simple and stay in. Cozy up with your favorite scary films, chick flicks or a full-on Harry Potter marathon.
- Indulge in breakfast for dinner. Treat yourselves to the most important meal of the day at night with some brunch eats.
- Challenge each other to a cook-off. Grab one of your favorite cook books and get ready for some friendly competition! The loser gets to clean up the dishes.
- Swap your favorite books. For a more relaxing date, kick back and read each other’s favorite books. It’s the perfect way to spend a lazy Sunday.
- Try a new DIY project. Use your Pinterest for something other than wedding planning. Split the work to build a project for your new home.
- Recreate your first date. It doesn’t hurt to relive the moments that started it all. Out of all the date night ideas on this list, this one is 100% unique to the two of you.