Emergency Prep Kit for Brides and Bridesmaids: 20 Must-Haves
Be prepared with a wedding day emergency kit! You’ll thank us later.
1. Mending kit with coordinating threads and bobby pins– Create your own mending kit that fits your dress and your bridesmaid dresses. Make sure you have thread that will disappear into the dress.
2. Fashion tape– A lifesaver for bridesmaids and brides in strapless dresses. Sometimes you just need a little extra sticky to keep that dress where it belongs. Plus, these can ‘fix’ hems in a hurry!
3. Shoe strips– Stock up on these blister prevention strips, and your bridesmaids will love you even more than they already do!
4. Stain removing stick– Of course, stains happen at the most inopportune times.
5. Ibuprofen– Maybe your bridesmaids partied a little too hard last night, maybe your mom won’t stop offering her ‘help’ with your hair. Either way, stop that headache as quickly as possible.
6. Tampons– Unexpected periods are the best aren’t they? And the more women in your bridal party, the more you are running a statistical risk of a surprise ‘visitor.’
7. Altoids– I am in love with Altoids Smalls. They pack a minty punch and they are in a tiny little tin.
8. Dental floss– Because your maid of honor wasn’t thinking when she purchased lemon poppyseed muffins for the bridal party.
9. Clear Band-Aids– Between razor mishaps and folding the last 20 cranes, situations that require a bandage abound.
10. Bobby pins– ‘I brought too many bobby pins,’ said no bride ever.
11. Burn cream– Flat irons + nerves = burns. My kitchen is always stocked with burn cream. It takes away the pain and a lot of the red in a relatively short amount of time.
12. Allergy meds– Especially if your wedding is outside, bring along a bottle of antihistamine to give to sneezy bridesmaids.
13. Kleenex– For those sneezy bridesmaids and sentimental relatives alike.
14. Liquid bronzer– Oops, tan lines! What might not seem like such a dramatic line in a t-shirt, shows up way more in a strapless dress. Use a little liquid bronzer and blend. Just make sure to let it dry (and set it with a translucent powder) before you get dressed.
15. Eye makeup remover– We’ve all taken a mascara wand to the eyeball. Instant mess. Be prepared.
16. Q-Tips– They are just plain handy. From fixing manicures to blending eyeliner, they are the best.
17. Tweezers– We’ve all seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding, yes?
18. Kind Bar– As a bride, the chances you will be able to really eat any of your delicious food is pretty low. Stay upbeat and energized with a little hit of protein.
19. Nail file– This is a no-brainer, but it seems like we are always without one.
20. Your stress reliever– Everyone has their go-to stress reliever. For me, it’s 80s easy listening and a coloring book (no judgement, this is a safe space!), for you it might be aromatherapy and a cup of tea. Whatever calms you, bring it.
Now that you’ve got your day-of emergency prep kit, keep these beauty tips in mind for your big day.