Fun Cake Cutting Songs For Your Reception
The cutting of the wedding cake is part of the wedding tradition. These cake cutting songs will get you and your guests in the mood for layers of fondant and lots of love. The song played while you and your boo cut the cake is easy to overlook, but don’t stress! We’ve rounded up ten love songs that will fit the bill perfectly and have your guests complimenting you on your creative song choice all night. While this list is by no means absolute, it gives a variety of songs, regardless of the theme you’re going for.
1. Accidentally In Love, Counting Crows– Did you and the groom meet as lab partners in school? Maybe he rear-ended your car one snowy night on the way home? This song is a cute way to bring your love story full circle.
2. Cake, Rihanna– Your guests have had dinner, burned it off on the dance floor and now they’re ready for some cake, cake, cake! Who says cake cutting songs have to be traditional and full of love? This song is for the couple that has a raunchier sense of humor.
3. Stuck Like Glue, Sugarland– Are you and your boo stuck together like glue? If so, Sugarland’s country love song is the perfect choice for you!
4. Love and Marriage, Frank Sinatra– A great song for those lovers who are old souls at heart.
5. Crazy For You, Adele– A slow, sultry ballad to set the mood (also perfect for your first dance).
6. You’re My Best Friend, Queen– For lovers who are more than just husband and wife, but best friends, too.
7. Happy Together, The Turtles– One of the more traditional cake cutting songs, while this song choice may be expected, you can’t deny that it’s an oldie but goodie.
8. If I Ain’t Got You, Alicia Keys– An R&B classic that will stand the test of time.
9. Love on Top, Beyoncé– This list just wouldn’t feel quite right without a song from Queen B! Love on Top is a feel good song with a great beat that’ll make your guest dance to get their cake.
10. At Last, Etta James– Your guest could take this song in two different ways, at least the bride and groom have found one another, or at last they get dessert!