19 Reasons Why Rooftop Weddings Are Top Notch
From traditional glam to rustic chic, there is a rooftop out there for every bride’s style. Here are 19 reasons why getting married on a rooftop is at the top of our list for 2016.
Rooftops are like little mini getaways from the cities below. They provide great views, excellent backdrops and endless options for decor. Plus, every couple should feel like they are on top of the world on their wedding day.
1. There is something so romantic about escaping to a secret rooftop hidden away from the world below with the one you love (not to mention the bride’s turquoise shoes!).
2. Ever thought of renting an Airbnb for your wedding ceremony? This couple cut down their wedding budget by doing just that (and ordering 60+ macaroons from Trader Joe’s). No wonder they’re jumping for joy!
3. Sleek and sophisticated are the first two words that come to mind when gazing at this urban Barcelona rooftop complete with a pool and a view.
4. We are suckers for love signs. This happy couple did it right with a champagne toast and a stunning backdrop.
5. Geometric wedding decor details are SO in right now and this rooftop installation proves why.
6. The pros of having two photographers on your wedding day are all the different angles they can capture. We are loving the combination of this sweet couple and the astonishing aerial view.
7. There is nothing like looking over the city you love as newlyweds.
8. Is it just me, or do flowers smell better in fresh, open air? Your rooftop wedding doesn’t have to be on top of a skyscraper to have that open space effect.
9. If this isn’t the epitome of a quintessential Brooklyn wedding, then I don’t know what is.
10. This couple said ‘I do’ on top of a rooftop with a spectacular view of Melbourne.
11. The hanging floral installations above this rooftop wedding make it feel like a garden wonderland.
12. Sparkles and lights are always a good idea. Always.
13. This couple did an ah-mazing job turning this LA rooftop into a glamorous ceremony location.
14. Relive your childhood dreams by adding a couple of cozy teepees to your rooftop decor.
15. This black and white affair is a winning combination of modern sophistication.
16. Creating a unique backdrop is the easiest way to still have a view while blocking out any city background from your ceremony photographs.
17. Don’t forget to get intimate portraits of the two of you as the sun goes down over your city.
18. Bring rustic chic to the city by finding a rooftop that incorporates everything that you love.
19. When it comes to a rooftop, there are no limits when it comes to celebratory sparklers!
Credits: Geoff Duncan | Priyanca Rao Photography | Belle & Chic | Polka Dot Bride | The Style Co | Macy’s | Madame Julietta | The Wedding Chicks | Jonas Seamen | MyMoon | Polka Dot Bride | Alixann Loosle | Jennifer Blair Photography | Jose Villa | Erin & Ray Photography | The Melideos | Kurt Boomer | Michael Will Photography | Love, Sylvia | James Anderson Photography