Wedding Exit Ideas: Creative Wedding Send-Offs
Whether you’re departing your ceremony or calling it a night at the very end of your wedding reception, it’s always fun to end a good celebration with a bang.
Whether you’re departing your ceremony or calling it a night at the very end of your wedding reception, it’s always fun to end a good celebration with a bang. Each of these wedding exit ideas is a completely approachable project (although some admittedly require a little bit more organization and elbow grease than others), and they’re all practically guaranteed to result in a great memory and some pretty incredible photos to boot. Here are some of our all-time favorite send-offs, from unique wedding exits to the best of the classics.
1. Streamers: Bright, colorful and not too incredibly difficult to clean up after all the fun is over, streamers are a slightly more traditional wedding exit option, but one that’s no less wonderful! Plus, you can easily incorporate your wedding color palette or put the streamers together as a DIY. (Photo by Mark Brooke)
2. Glitter Confetti: You know how we feel about gold. We’d have a pretty near impossible time passing up a wedding exit option like this…but that’s just us. Or is it? (Photo by Nancy Ebert)
4. Lavender: From its sweet scent to its pretty color, dried lavender is another more natural choice for exits. This one is best used after the ceremony or for daytime weddings — it becomes a little more difficult to see at night. (Photos by KT Merry and Julianna Collett Photography)
5. Balloon Wedding Exit: There’s just something about balloons that makes wedding photos that much better. This balloon-packed wedding exit is no exception. (Photos by Allison Davis Photography)
6. Dramatic Exit: Because who wouldn’t enjoy a high-drama, backlit exit with the help of a fog machine? This idea is 100% fun and perfect for a playful couple with a little extra flair. (Photo by Phil Chester)
7. Rose Petals: Almost as classic as the traditional rice toss, rose petals are pretty, elegant and suit a variety of wedding styles. (Photo by Coralee Stone)
8. Paper Planes: This wedding exit is the ultimate DIY. It’s also great if you’re looking for a chance to sharpen your paper plane making skills…or include other throwback-inspired details in your wedding decor. We love the monograms that this couple chose to include on their planes. (Photo by Corbin Gurkin)
9. Pom Wedding Exit: These felt poms are so much fun and full of color — a great choice for vibrant, eclectic celebrations. (Photos by Megan and Seth Photography)
10. Sparklers: This wouldn’t be a very good roundup of wedding exit ideas if it didn’t include sparklers. Seriously. An exit like this is the ideal final touch to a carefully planning (and thoroughly enjoyed) celebration. (Photo by Amy and Stuart)
11. Air Lanterns: This unique wedding exit would be an excellent way to end your reception by spending a little extra personal time with your family and friends away from the dance floor. (Photo by M Three Studio)
12. Sprinkles: Another creative wedding exit idea, these sprinkles are pretty similar to a traditional rice toss — except extra colorful. Obviously you’ll want to remove the engagement ring first, but otherwise we’re sold. (Photos by Diana Rush Photography)