Five Ways To Use Wedding Signs
Whether we’re talking rustic wedding signage or pretty wedding ceremony signs, these details can pack a punch in your wedding décor and do some powerful double duty by keeping your guests informed in a lovely and playful way. Here are five of our favorite ways to incorporate signage for weddings.
1. Signs that say hello. Utterly welcoming, a personalized welcome sign is a great way to set the tone of your event before your guests even make it through the front door (or wooden gate, or up the stone pathway). Think about including details like your names, the date, and some unique details – maybe the names of the bridesmaids or the groomsmen, or a quote you both love.
2. Signs that show us how to get around. Whether you’re pointing to the ceremony, reception, restrooms or North Pole, these directional wedding signs are fun and informative especially if your wedding is at a large venue or a venue with multiple buildings. We also like signs that point to food, cocktails and games…just saying.
3. Signs for the bride and groom. It’s usually not too difficult to pick out the head or sweetheart table at a wedding reception – but that doesn’t mean you can’t include a clarifying sign or two anyway! Bride and groom, Mr. and Mrs., whatever your preferred titles, make a sign to match. These smaller signs are the perfect chance for a little bit of DIY wedding signage, too.
4. Signs that help us to our seat. The example above is proof of the impact a seating chart sign can have. It fits in perfectly with décor and makes a statement all at once. We dearly love the window pane option here, but chalkboard is another great idea. A seating sign can be helpful at the ceremony as well, especially if you don’t have a designated seating section for each family and want to encourage your guests to sit where they’d like.
5. Signs that tell us what to sip. Last, but not least, bar signage. You can share a full list of the beverages you’re offering or highlight your signature cocktail selections (complete with ingredients). The wedding signage sky is the limit – so choose what works best for you and your décor. Don’t forget that menu signs are another alternative!
If you’re still looking for inspiration, check out the signs below. Happy planning!