Wedding Calligraphers to Follow on Instagram
Some of our all-time favorite calligraphers to follow on (what else?) Instagram.
We’re not sure about you, but we’re really excited about the modern calligraphy trend that’s been taking over weddings (and our social media feeds). We’re not picky about the medium — chalkboards? Yes. Invitations? Of course. Old wooden signs? Please do. We just love the artistry of words, not to mention how beautifully calligraphy pairs with everything from bouquets to bar signs.
The best thing about modern calligraphy is how much the look and feel of this style of lettering changes from calligrapher to calligrapher. There’s no set in stone way to create pretty words and seeing the personality and style of each calligrapher reflected in their choice of shapes and ink kind of perfect. Because we could hardly rave about this art form without pointing you down the path to become every bit as obsessed as we are, here are some of our all-time favorite calligraphers to follow on (what else?) Instagram.
2. Written Word Calligraphy: Gold calligraphy is always a good idea. Maybe we’ll be over this color someday…but today is not that day. Karla Lim is the designer behind Written Word Calligraphy and her romantic style and pretty pictures can all be oohed and ahhed over on her profile at @writtenwordcalligraphy.
4. The Weekend Type: It doesn’t get more romantic than calligraphy love letters — like this one from calligrapher Korie Lynn. That ring is kind of gorgeous, while we’re at it. Find her on Instagram at @theweekendtype.
5. Manzanita: Are we sounding like a broken record yet? We love Manzanita. And we pretty much blame her incredible Instagram feed for our affection. Just check it out at @rebeccacaridad. You won’t be sorry.
6. Layers of Loveliness: These simple, elegant save-the-dates are all you really need to see to be convinced of Miya’s talent for lettering and her eye for an extra-pretty Instagram snap. Find more lovely things at @layersofloveliness.
7. Lauren Essl: One part puppy pictures, one part adventure and one part calligraphy, Lauren’s feed is bright and colorful and (right now) makes us feel like a tropical vacation is practically a necessity. Say hi at @laurenessl.
8. Fleur de Letters: We had the opportunity to feature some of Kathryn’s work in one of our favorite styled shoots to date. You can see the whole shoot right here and find more of Kathryn’s calligraphy at @fleurdeletters.
10. Anne Robin Calligraphy: First of all, that is a succulent. With spines. And calligraphy. It’s fantastic — even though we’re not entirely sure what to call it. For now, we’re going with ‘calligraphy succulent escort ‘card” but we’re open to suggestions. The rest of Anne Robin’s feed, which you can find at @annerobincallig, is just as captivating.