Matt and Tessa’s Lovely Denver, CO Wedding by Kathryn Bacalis Photography
It’s always fun to see the weddings of our co-workers! Tessa works as an advertising consultant at mywedding, and clearly all of that time spent combing through wedding vendors paid off. Her wedding was gorgeous!
It’s always fun to see the weddings of our co-workers! Tessa works as an advertising consultant at mywedding, and clearly all of that time spent combing through wedding vendors paid off. Her wedding was gorgeous! Thank you to the talented Kathryn Bacalis for sharing this beautiful Highlands Ranch day with us. And please read below for Tessa’s wedding story and helpful planning tips.
What were your favorite details from your wedding?
- · I absolutely LOVED my flowers! I used one of my friends, Liz Griffith, who works for Cori Cook Flowers, and she did an amazing job. I only wanted Peony’s to give the wedding a soft, romantic, elegant look. Needless to say, she nailed it.
- The music during my wedding and reception was by far one of my favorite parts. We had two of our good friends, Daniel Thompson and Leah McEachern, sing as guests arrived at the ceremony . Daniel also sang “From the Inside Out” by Hillsong United during a really special time of our ceremony when our families gathered at the front of the aisle to pray in a circle together. We had Angi Mitchell, a friend and talented vocalist from my childhood church, sing “Waiting here for you” by Christy Nockels, as my father and I entered the doors of the church and walked down the aisle.
- Our cakes were made by Cakes by Kristy and were by far the most delicious cakes I have ever tasted. She custom made Matt’s groom’s cake which was a ski slope with the slope names all being significant words and places in his life.
Did you have any DIY projects?
Oh yes! With help from my family and friends, we crafted all the invitations, programs, name cards for seat assignments, table numbers, signs for gifts/cards/guest book/etc. and thank you cards. We also made my bridal party “getting ready” attire (button down shirts with their initials to match their dresses and flip flops for dancing), and my father’s gift (a tie clip with “Forever your little girl 5/11/2013” engraved in to it).
How did you choose your color palette?
I went online to websites like Pinterest and mywedding.com’s wedding blog to get inspiration. I had chosen a different palette, but when I took four of my bridesmaids to try on dresses, I ended up changing the color scheme I was originally thinking. My plan was to have the bridesmaids dresses be the pop of bright color for the wedding and then everything else would be soft colors to complement the bright “watermelon” pink.
What details were of the most significance to you?
- I loved getting ready with my bridal party and my mom in my bridal suite on our wedding day. Having all my best friends in one place at the same time was so special for me. They all put together a scrapbook with letters and pictures to me and gave it to me in the room while we were getting ready. I LOVED everything the girls said and will cherish it forever.
- Matt and I did not do a first look, but before the ceremony we went in to the chapel behind two pillars where we held hands and prayed together (without peeking at one another).
- One of our good friends from Baylor, Joel Wildberger, is an incredible pastor who has been a supporter of our relationship. So we flew him to Colorado from Kentucky to officiate our wedding. His message came straight out of scripture and reflected the meaning and significance of marriage as God intended it to be interpreted in the Bible. It was so special to have someone so close to us have such a significant role in our day.
What was the most memorable part of your day?
When the doors of the chapel opened and I saw Matt for the first time at the end of the aisle. Walking arm in arm with my father was just as I pictured it as a little girl. That entire moment was amazing and topped off when we were pronounced man and wife.
Photographer: Kathryn Bacalis Photography
Wedding Planner: We Tie the Knots
Flowers: Cori Cook Flowers
Catering: Rocky Mountain Catering
Cakes: Kristie’s Cakes
Dress: The Bridal Collection
Bridesmaid Dresses: Allure Bridals
Videography: 1321 Films
Transportation: Excursion Limousine Service