Sponsored Post: Have Fun Registering With Crate & Barrel
To some of us, registering is one of the best parts of the wedding planning experience. First, it is the most epic wish list you will ever get the chance to create.
To some of us, registering is one of the best parts of the wedding planning experience. First, it is the most epic wish list you will ever get the chance to create. Second (and most importantly), it is an opportunity to envision your daily life together, and figure out what you will most need to start this new adventure.
But to others, registering seems like a chore, one more thing to do in the already too big list of things to do.
So, how do you make registering fun for someone who is less than enthused? Here are five helpful hints from Crate & Barrel to making registering enjoyable:
1. Pre-plan any parts that may be overly time consuming. If you are dragging your honey along, go to websites first to look at things like glassware and flatware patterns. That way, once you arrive at the store, you will already have a few favorites to check out.
2. Each person should get to pick out things they want. Don’t control the registry gun. No one likes a scanner hog. If you don’t trust your partner’s choice in towels, fine, but then at least let them pick out things they will enjoy. Why not give your sweetie a whole category that they are in charge of?
3. Work with a registry expert. Don’t shrug off help. These people know the merchandise better than anyone, and can make the process as efficient as possible.
4. Don’t stick to just the staples. Make your registry list fun by incorporating elements that are trendy or whimsical. Do you really need a fondue set? Probably not. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t make it on the list.
5. Turn it into a date. Let the unwilling member choose their favorite restaurant or date spot afterwards.